Fire Prevention Tips:
In A Fire Emergency
- Get out of the house.
- Call 911.
- Call from the neighbor’s house.
- Get out and stay out.
Fireworks Are Dangerous
- Even sparklers, which burn as hot as 1200 degrees F (649 C), cause thousands of injuries to children each year.
- Attend professional displays and leave fireworks to the technicians who are trained to use them.
Use Electrical Safety
- Don’t overload extension cords or run them under rugs.
- Replace any cord that is cracked or frayed.
- If an appliance smokes or has an unusual smell, unplug it and have it repaired by a professional.
- Use the proper size fuses in your fuse box.
- Store only a small amount of gasoline in an approved container.
- Store such a container outside the home.
- Use gasoline only as a motor fuel, not for cleaning.
Working Smoke Detectors Save Lives
- Install them on ever level of your home and outside each sleeping area.
- Test smoke detectors monthly and install new batteries twice yearly.
Crawl Under The Smoke
If you encounter smoke on your way out of a fire, use your second way out instead. If you must escape through smoke, crawl low under the smoke to your exit.
Matches And Lighters
- Use child resistant lighters.
- Store all matches and lighters up high, preferably in a locked cabinet.
Plan Your Escape
- Have an escape plan that includes two ways out of each room and a meeting place outside the home.
- Practice your plan with the whole family at least twice a year.
Stop, Drop And Roll
If your clothes catch on fire, stop where you are, drop to the ground, cover your face with your hands and roll over and over to smother the flames.
If Someone Is Burned
- If someone gets burned, place the wound in cool water for 10 – 15 minutes.
- If the burn blisters or chars, see a doctor immediately.
- To help prevent household burns, be sure your hot water heater is set to 120 degrees F (49 C) or below.
Space Heaters Need Space
- Keep portable and space heaters at least 3 feet from anything that is combustible.
- Never leave heaters on when you leave home or got to bed.
- Keep children and pets away from heaters.
Fire Extinguisher Basics
Fire Prevention Update - 2020
Tanker Company 39 Overview
Kitchen Safety GSFR 2020
Error 403: YouTube Data API v3 has not been used in project 738028440253 before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/overview?project=738028440253 then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry..
Domain code: usageLimits
Reason code: accessNotConfigured